If people used to buy albums for the front cover, then they got to know the music at home while checking out the back.
The flip side of a record jacket should complement the album and front artwork while giving listeners more to explore as they listened at home.
Billy’s albums are no exception. While there’s plenty of variety on his front covers, the back covers are surprisingly uniform.
Still, there’s plenty of insight into the state of BIlly’s career, and plenty to discuss about the artwork, when it comes to his back covers.
In this episode, we’re ranking 15 of Billy’s back covers. We’re discussing the designs, how they represented the music inside the sleeve, and which ones we just preferred the most.
Join us, as we go skin deep in our rankings of Billy Joel’s back cover artwork.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glass Houses - A Billy Joel Podcast on the web / social media:
- Website: http://www.glasshousespod.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glasshousespodcast/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glasshousespod/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/glasshousespod
- Discord: https://discord.gg/6G6cMRFu7T
Support the podcast:
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/glasshousespod
- Venmo: @MGrosvenor
Produced by Michael Grosvenor & Jack Firneno for Groove Music Marketing